Low Carb Dumplings
Having been brought up in a Indian-Malay household, fusion cooking has been the style of cooking at home for many years. My love for Thai and Chinese cuisine always trumps Indian cuisine. My longing for some healthy low carb Chinese cuisine resulted in the creation of this delicious meal.
So here is this recipe that I would like to share with you.
1. Mince 200 gms ( chicken, pork, beef)
2. 1 tbsp crushed garlic
3. 1 tsp crushed ginger
4. 3 tbsp of finely chopped coriander
5. 1 tsp cumin powder
6. 1/2 tsp chillie flakes
7. 1/4 onion finely diced
8. 2 cubes of frozen spinach, thaw in microwave and squeeze all the excess water out with your hands or using a clean chux
9. salt and pepper to taste
Combine ingredients 1 to 9 in a bowl and make into 8 small balls
10. a packet of slendier lasagna - while the above is being done, wash and rinse these lasagna sheets and set aside for water to drain.
- Now wrap each individual ball in the lasagna sheet and roll and set aside till all 8 balls are wrapped. Simply start rolling by placing the meat ball on end and roll till it reaches the other end. You now have raw dumplings.
You are now ready to cook your dumplings.
Option 1: in a hot pan ( Must be super hot) place the dumplings in the pan. The loose end of the dumplings needs to be placed facing down first (This is important as this is what seals them together) Leave here at least for a minute or two, slowly turn dumplings so all sides are browned. Its important to use a hot hot pan
Option 2: Butter can be used to option 1 as option for a slightly fried option
Option 3: In the air fryer simply place the loose end side down and cook at 160C for 8 to 9 minutes ( your dumplings are done) This method gave me a steamed feel to my dumplings.
Your dumplings are now ready ;)
Garnish with freshly chopped red chilies and fresh coriander
Serve with sauce of your choice or you can use 2 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tbsp of fish sauce, few freshly crushed chilies and pinch of coriander leaves for a light dipping sauce.
If you are wondering what you can do with the left over lasagna sheets, you can always turn that into a dumpling noodle soup.
How to make the clear soup?
Simply use Jaya's 2 minute veg soup
- Boil water in a kettle
- In a soup bowl add 1 and 1/2 tsp massell stock powder
- half a handful of fresh thinly sliced cabbage
- 10 fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp of chopped coriander
- 4 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 red chillie finely sliced
- Few bits of onion thinly sliced
- Add your dumplings and the left over lasagna sheets to make a dumpling noodle soup
When the water is boiled add 400 ml of water to the bowl and cover with a lid for 2 to 3 minutes. The heat from the water will blanch the veges.
Your Dumpling Noodle Soup is ready.
Instructions for HCG protocol:
4 dumplings - P2
8 dumplings - P3
P2- Do not use butter to cook dumplings, just use a hot pan.